Happy Wednesday! Happy National Running Day!!
At least that is what I am telling myself. My oddly found optimism about things outside of running took some punches this week. The inner cynic is trying to fight it’s way back. Grrrr. Throw in a migraine going on 36 hours into the mix and double grrrr. Luckily, I have a reason to post that won’t bring you all down with me!!
Last week, Mostly Healthy Living nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you!! Head on over and check her out! So, it breaks down like this-
7 things, hmmmm. That’s a tough one, particularly 7 things that I haven’t said before… hmmm.
1. I have never eaten any form of cookie dough- not even the ice cream. I can imagine the shocked face you are making now. 🙂
2. I seriously just blanked for an hour. And read other things.
3. I multi task way too much. All the time, I never really feel like I take the time to focus on one thing and when I try, I get twitchy. I don’t know why I am so easily distract-able these
days years. This post which is probably onne of the shortest I have posted has taken me 2 hours. I multi-task well at work but not at home.
4. I have not ridden a bike in 20 years. Which makes last year’s tri dreams a total pipe dream. Crazy slacker. I love the idea of riding a bike but the reality kind of freaks me out. Particularly if you take it really seriously. I mean how much does all that stuff cost?! And clipping in?! No thank you!
5. People think I am stand offish but I am really just socially awkward. That comes out in 2 ways- too much talking, often fast – or seeming totally bitchy. 😦 Standing in the corner is more my thing. I need to work on this. People say cell phones made us anti-social. Before phones, I would have been hiding some where with a book.
6. I’ve owned 9 cars since I got my license, and I have no idea how to drive a stick. My mother tried to teach me when I was younger, let’s just say it was rough. 🙂
7. I tend to use odd or old fashioned words and expressions. One example “cotton” . So have you cottoned on to how odd I am?
Actually this list makes me seem very boring. I can’t decide if that’s sad or funny. 🙂
And now for the 15-
How has your week been?
Share a fact about yourself?
Is it Friday yet?
Let me tell you a story
For the Reading and Drinking Runner
5K, 10K, Half-Marathons, Fun Runs, & Obstacle Races!
A Blog of Running Exploits
living, loving, and running are what keeps me alive
How I wander and where it brings me
A place to soak in tips and stories from life, running, and anything in between.
I like running and singing, but not at the same time...
My journey from being injured and out-of-shape to a half marathon... and seeing all 7 continents along the way.
Sharing all things running and racing
running, drinking & our life online.
Slow runners make fast runners look good - you're welcome.
writer | traveler | food❤️er | yogi | runnin' fool