Last week felt like the longest week, granted that was probably aggravated me trying to knock myself into next week. 🙂 Friday was stressful but I knew if I could get through I had a whole weekend ahead of me! I briefly thought about trying to get a few miles in after work but my head was still a little off and hearing my boss exclaim at how bruised my head was, I decided against it.
Saturday I was up earlier than I would have liked but that was ok because I spent the day shopping in SLO. The weather was great, there was a storm coming in but it didn’t get windy until we were leaving. The food was super yummy and I didn’t do too much damage to my bank account. 🙂 I managed to get in a few miles when I got back to town, but man they were rough. It was like my brain forgot how to work my legs. I managed to bring the pace down by the end but my body was rebelling. Even though it was harder than I would have liked, I loved that I was out and moving. Especially when I consider that I am now less than 28 days from my next half marathon- SLO!!!!!
Moving on- I call my blog Slacker Runner for a few reasons, one of which is that I am a huge procrastinator. If I can do it later, I will, usually at the last minute. I am the exact opposite at work, but in most other aspects of my life, I am a Slacker. I was recently nominated for some blog awards and I am just now following up. Sorry!!! So time to rectify that –
Suzan over at Welcome to the Nuthouse sent me this shout out last week. Thanks!! She’s awesome and if you haven’t checked out her blog, you should go do so! And I found out that we both just completed our 6th half marathon last Sunday 🙂
Now, there are always rules-
1. Thank the person who nominated you for your new award, and be sure to include a link back to their site in your acceptance speech. DONE!
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself– hmmmmm
3. Pass on the award to 13 other versatile bloggers.—- that’s a big number
7 Random Facts–
1. My mind just went blank. it does that sometimes.
2. I have a freaky memory for numbers and some things. Sometimes I can’t decide if coworkers and customers are impressed or scared.
3. The list of childhood movies and cartoons that I haven’t seen is pretty large. Actually some popular movies too. I get a lot of shocked faces. Like The Sound of Music and A Christmas Story or any of the Matrix Movies. Never seen them.
4. I worked at a Taco Bell for 10 years. Spent most of those years as Assistant Manager before I left. Oh the stories.
5. I went stag to my Senior Prom. My dress was borrowed and in recollection was a little more scandalous than I thought.
6. I got through the City to Sea half marathon by listening to Hannah Montana songs. No not Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana. And I am not ashamed.
7. I love owls. I have necklaces and ear rings and artwork and decorative pillows. My boss even bought me an LED one for station at work.
Now for the nominations-
Close to 13 right?
Thanks again Suzan!!
So, with my slacker-ness, I make no guarantees that I will message any of you before you read this (if you read this 🙂 ) so consider this your notification and run with it! If you’ve been nominated before, congrats! Just take this as further confirmation of your awesomeness. If these awards just aren’t your thing, well that’s cool too. You’re still cool. Oh and another random fact- my lingo is still in the 90’s. 🙂
The other one is The Liebster Award by the lovely Jenni on the Run, but that will require some thought and deserves a post of its own.
How was everyone’s weekend?
Now, I’m off to order a new gear bag, any suggestions?
For the Reading and Drinking Runner
5K, 10K, Half-Marathons, Fun Runs, & Obstacle Races!
A Blog of Running Exploits
living, loving, and running are what keeps me alive
How I wander and where it brings me
A place to soak in tips and stories from life, running, and anything in between.
I like running and singing, but not at the same time...
My journey from being injured and out-of-shape to a 5k, half marathon and ultimately a sprint triathlon... and seeing all 7 continents along the way.
Sharing all things running and racing
running, drinking & our life online.
Slow runners make fast runners look good - you're welcome.
writer | traveler | food❤️er | yogi | runnin' fool
Learning to love myself, one run at a time