Disclaimer: I received a Gear Vest from Orange Mud as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I don’t always carry a lot when I run but I am very particular about how I carry it. Then there are times that I feel like I am running with enough supplies for an ultra when it may just be 10-13 miles. Which is funny considering I rarely fuel but I carry it! So with that being said, I need someway to carry everything right?
Enter Orange Mud’s Gear Vest.
Look at all the pockets!!!
3 on each side plus the bladder on the back? Score! Once I had it, I couldn’t wait to take it on a test run. And then a few more runs. Every run since it came in the mail has been with the Gear Vest. So I have plenty of thoughts.
- The front pockets are huge! My giant Iphone fits with no fears of it falling out.
- If not carrying a bottle, I can fit a key, pepper spray, Buff, chapstick, and Honey Stinger chews in the other large pocket with room to spare.
- My inhaler fits perfectly in one of the shoulder pockets.
- The 1L bladder is a good size, not too big and not too small for those hot runs.
- The bladder is much easier to wash than other bladders I have used- it is also dishwasher safe.
- The pack seems very sturdily made- which holds true across all my Orange Mud packs- this is my third.
- It fits a 600ML water bottle perfectly and the pepper spray fits in a trash pocket when I carry a flask.
- I love that there are color options- like the white!
- I have a tendency to stretch by bending at the waist and touching the ground- nothing falls out!!
- The trash pockets- don’t put a small body glide in one. It won’t stay in the pocket while running. It bounces out. I had to chase it down 3x before I moved up the other shoulder pocket. It fits perfectly so I really hoped it would work.
- My back is fussy right now so the bladder comfortable as it is is too much for it. Flasks are how I carry water but unfortunately I can’t carry 2 flasks. If I do I have nowhere to put my phone. Let’s be real- my phone is the one thing I ALWAYS carry on any run.
- The fit across my umm… chest. Ok, not to put it bluntly but I’m not small up top. Combine that with the fact that I am carrying more than a few extra pounds right now (it’s the truth, I know) and the pack and I were have some disagreements. I think I have it figured out now but I wish I could get the bottom chest strap under my ummmm chest but I can’t. I think that would solve my issues. So let’s see what happens if I lose a few pounds. I’ll let you know.🤞
Overall I really like the pack. I feel it works best for me for runs up to 10 miles or anything else supplemented with water. As the temps rise here, I will need to carry more than one soft flask. So I should probably keep doing those PT exercises for my back huh? Until then I’ll keep using the back pocket for a change of socks and some emergency cash. You never know when you might need one of those right?😀
Want your own? Use BRGV15 for %15 off!
How do you carry things on the run?
8 thoughts on “Carry All the Things”
I have my flexible nike fanny pack that I still love… because I’m top heavy, and just can’t imagine wearing a pack would be comfortable, or even feasible for me! I will just continue to plan my long runs to take me by the park with water fountains or the 7-11. I normally want to drink all of 12 oz my handheld holds within the first 5 miles if I’m running with the sun out!
Awww, water fountains, if only my town turned them on! There used to be a few at the elementary school but now all the schools are fenced and locked. I’m bigger than I look- I think- and packs work for me so you might be surprised.
I may check this on out?? I may be in the market for a new hydrations pack for summer runs.
You should- the front pockets are good and the bladder is a good size, I just need to work out my back issues. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have a Nathan hydration pack that I’ve had for a very long time. It seems to be standing up okay, but I like how you have two bigger pockets on the front as I know that when I get a new phone, it’s not going to fit:(
Seriously, finding a pack that fits the larger phones comfortably is a challenge. And I want my phone up front and easily accessible- it is in this pack and I like that.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I like that too, but I’m not exactly small in the chest for my size either so I’m a little worried about that. I’ll have to see if I can find a store that carries those packs so I can try it on.
Comments are closed.