Ok, so I have weird feet. I love the idea of flip flops but can never find a pair that I really like and I’ve tried options that range from 97¢ to $80. I actually still have that cheap pair and my mother has the expensive pair. 😛 When I had the opportunity to try Oofos, I thought sure why not? Plus at that point, I was deep into the pre marathon crazies and was only wearing flats, socks with running shoes or socks with Vans. My toes just wanted to be free!!!
They arrived the Friday before I left for the marathon. What a tease!! I put them on for like 5 seconds before packing them in my travel bag. I put them on right after my post marathon shower. Bliss. I felt bad for Ashley- I left the hotel wearing hot pink cut off compression socks, a maxi skirt and my shiny new Oofos. #stylefordays
I’ve barely taken them off since. Seriously, I live in them. I wear them post run, I wear them on my commute to work, I wear them running errands, I’ve worn them to the beach. I’ve worn them with running clothes and normal clothes and I think they go nicely with all of my dresses. Pinstripes and Oofos? Why not? No I don’t have a picture. 😛 My mother has mentioned that she wants to steal them from me but she can’t because every time she sees me they are on my feet. 😃
Ok, so here’s the technical info-
- OOfoam: Absorbs 37% more shock than other materials
- Reduces stress on sore feet, knees and lower back
- Cradles your arches
- Biomechanically designed footbed allows natural motion
- Soft, conforming toe post eliminates toe chafing
- Shower/beach-ready; moisture resistant; doesn’t retain smell
- Durable OOfoam holds its cushion
- Machine washable
- So light they float
So pros and cons-
- Amazingly comfy
- The Marsala color kind of matches my high school colors
- Easy to clean- seriously- I grenaded a cup of ranch the other day and they were shiny in 10 seconds
- Toe freedom!!!!
- Did I mention they are awesome post run?
- Similar to most flip flops- I wish they came in half sizes. My left foot is bigger than my right foot. The right shoe fits perfectly, the left is slightly too small.
- I find it to be a snug fit across the top of the foot. In the beginning I had to hold the shoe to put it on, now I can slip them on a little easier.
Yes, they are very sporty looking- depending on the person, that could be a pro or con so I will leave that up to you.
What’s your go to comfort shoe? Sandals or shoes?