Risky business

Monday’s run was short.  And Slow and short.   I had originally hoped to run an easy 3 around the lake.  I knew that I would be tired after Sunday’s race craziness so I was aiming low.  You know that feeling your legs get when you first start running after a long run?  That stiff, heavy feeling?  Not painful but enough to make your stride feel off.  Yep, it went like that.  I made it for 2 laps before calling it.  2.3 is better than none, even if I was crawling.  This run was just supposed to get me moving again.  I ran the 2 loops, stretched out and headed home. I was tired and my comfy chair was calling.

I missed volleyball practice last week and I thought it was determined that we were taking a season off.    I was ok with that because things are busy right now and an extra night sounded like a good idea.   Friday rolled around and suddenly we were in league again.  Uh, what, why?  I didn’t want to be the kill joy so I sucked it up and last night we had our first games.

Funny Sports Ecard: Isn't Volleyball just an adult version of 'DON'T LET THE BALLOON TOUCH THE FLOOR' ???

 There are only 4 teams this season and I figured the games would be fun and relaxed.  Yeah, not so much.  Last night felt more like a grudge match.   I am the type of player who goes after the ball no matter what.  Not the best mentality two weeks before a half marathon.  I bounced off the floor a few times, collided with a few other players, and even slid under the net once.  M and I always go for the same ball and usually collide, we’re both ball hogs.  🙂 At one point, I landed hard on my knee, so much for knee pads. 😦  It was rough but it was fun!

To top it off, my former volleyball shoes were trashed and not wearable.  I hadn’t had the chance to buy new ones so I wore an old pair of tennis shoes from years ago.  Not a good idea.  I was sliding across the floor so much I felt like Tom Cruise in Risky Business.  I may as well been wearing socks.  On the upside, I may have figured out a super lazy Halloween costume.

We didn’t win, but played hard.  Way harder than I had planned.  I was so tired this morning and my whole body felt bruised.  Ugh.   Then, work came around and 2 people are out sick.  I sanitized everything as best as I could, but who knows.  I cannot get sick right now!!!   Work was so crazy, I was glad I had planned on today being a Slacker day.


After finally getting home, and calling in the big guns (aka my dad), I finally got the damn headboard I bought 3 weeks ago on the bed.   I may be in my 30’s but my dad will always be a rockstar.  It took 3 weeks, numerous trips to Lowes and multiple bed stores followed by some very colorful cursing tonight but here it is!!


Took long enough!
Took long enough!

Now, on a confusing note.  Everyone’s been posting about domain names, I purchased my domain name back before I started the blog but never linked the two together.  Now that I want to, I can’t quite figure it out.  So, help, please!  Is it better to stay on WordPress and just link it (map) it back to the domain or is better to do everything through the hosting service that controls your domain name?  Any thoughts?


Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!  Now, I need sleep.

5 thoughts on “Risky business

  1. The headboard looks great! I’ve mapped my domain through wordpress, but I’ve still no idea how I managed it, sorry! I purchased it from godaddy.


    1. Thanks! I think if I figured out the mapping process. I jut can’t decide if I want to do that or go with GoDaddy’s hosting service.


Comments are closed.