2021 was…. Yeah.
I don’t think anyone got what they were expecting this year nor the number of curve balls thrown.
So, 2021 in bullets
- Started the year with big goals- 50k. 😂😂😂
- Broke the big toe on left foot running trails in January. Devil shoes.
- Learned that I did not know how to swallow and went to speech therapy for 14ish weeks to relearn.
- Went to Yosemite for the first time, when can I go back???
- It was determined I do not in fact, have asthma. Who knew? Granted Paradoxical vocal cord dys-yadda yadda is much harder to say. Again, a benefit of speech therapy.
- Diagnosed with multiple melanomas. All removed with clean margins but those are some very scary words. Think I’ve have a biopsy or excision every couple of months this year. Boo. Wear your sunblock!
- Drove to Idaho/ Washington for first road race since March 2020. Coeur d’Alene is gorgeous. I’m jealous of that running path. Not of Spokane though, ha!
- Turned a milestone birthday and still not sure how I feel about it or what I have to show for that many years. 🤨
- Ran another live race in Santa Rosa that felt surprisingly great until it didn’t.
- Ran one of my favorite trail races again and still smiled even when I wanted to fall down and cry, I was so tired. I’ll be back.
- I ran more trails in my area but still have so many more to run. 2 of those pics are above.
- Work is good, stressful but good. Not gonna lie, being customer facing 2 years into a pandemic has shown me a new level of stress.
- I had a couple more trips planned for the year but well, life.
- Broke the 2 little toes on my right foot in the beginning of December. Oops. I live up to my nickname of destructo girl, I really do.
- I ran way less miles in 2021 than planned but any miles are good miles, right?
So yeah, 2021 was yeah. I’m not holding 2022 to anything.