Disclaimer: I received a pair of Aftershokz Trekz Air to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I love listening to music on the run. Partly because it covers the sounds of my own huffing and puffing and partly because music helps gives me that extra kick in the pants I need some times. Plus it’s fun to randomly throw in a horribly offbeat dance move while running. 😛
That said, I never felt comfortable with regular earphones. Completely blocking both ears from outside noises just never worked for me. I always ran with one in and one out… and would usually end up tangled in the cords. So when I first discovered Aftershokz last year with the Trekz Titanium, I was in love. Wireless and safe- where have you been all my life???
hen I heard about the Trekz Air and wondered- can something that was already awesome be better? Spoiler alert- yes.
The concept is the same- same bone conduction technology. So instead of shoving an earbud uncomfortably into your ear, the Trekz Air rests just outside the ears on your cheekbones. This way you can safely enjoy your music or your podcast but still be aware of the sounds and environment around you. Actually, the tech is still mind boggling to me but I know it works from personal experience and I love it. I can have my music cranked up but still hear the leaves scratching the pavement as they blow across the path.
From the website-
- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
- A 20% lighter build than its counterpart
- A new organic design delivers increased comfort
- Complete wraparound titanium design provides a flexible fit for unnoticeable all-day comfort and stability
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
- Bluetooth® v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
- Hassle-free 2-year warranty
So why am I totally in love with the Trekz Air? Like love so much, they are always with me- kept charged and in my purse at all times. They are so much lighter. I know that spec wise, it says they are 20% lighter but I feel like that number should be much higher. I’ve mentioned before that I am prone to headaches and those headaches often turn into migraines. It doesn’t take much to set them off and sadly sometimes my previous pair would aggravate my head on long runs. Not the case with the Trekz Air!! Even after a 2 hour, sweaty mess run, I could barely feel them. If I hadn’t had the music playing in my ears I would have completely forgotten they were on. That made me want to jump up and down for joy. Which is why I now carry them everywhere with me. 😎 I can listen to music on my lunch breaks without worrying about anyone else hearing it, which is great because my music is not always break room appropriate. 😛
Want your own? Get a bonus BibRave trucker hat with your AfterShokz Trekz Air purchase with code “TRUCKER” at http://bibrave.aftershokz.com/
How do you listen to music on the run?