I was excited about getting this post up tonight, but I discovered that my blog has gone all wonky! 😦 All of my sidebars and widgets have completely disappeared and I can’t get them to come back. Ugh. So if you can see them when you are reading this, then I was eventually victorious. If you see nothing, then help!!!
I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by HellyontheRun. Thank you! If you’ve never read her blog, head on over and check it out! It’s great! So here are the rules-
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you. Check!
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. Look below 🙂
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to nominate. That’s a big number…
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees. Gotta dig deep
5. You must go to their blogs and notify them of their nomination. I admit that I am so bad about this…
And the questions provided by Helly-
1. When people ask you, “Why do you like running?” How do you respond?
I like knowing that I can and I love the feeling you get after a good run. I also admit that there is pride involved. The running community is vast and growing all the time, but there is still that look of mild disbelief mixed with a little bit of awe you get from occasionally from a non-runner. I try to talk everyone I know into running with me.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I have always wanted to visit England but I think I would pick Kauai. My grandparents used to live in Princeville and loved it. I was able to visit once when I was young and have always wanted to go back. My grandfather has passed and my grandmother is not well, so that just re-enforces my urge to go. My mother and I have a quasi plan of going the year we turn 35/55 respectively but right now it’s mostly talk.
3. Someone received an award they cheated to get. Do you notify someone or keep quiet?
I am overly honest, so I would tell someone. I tend to be a little blunt, so I might end up confronting them as well. Hmmm, that might not end so well.
4. What’s your favorite food?
It says food not meal, so that would be pineapple. I love pineapple, eat it almost every day actually. I just don’t want it on my pizza 🙂
5. Do you speak any other language besides English? If not, what language would you like to learn?
I’m sorely out of practice now but I speak Spanish. When I worked at the restaurant, I probably spoke Spanish more than English on a daily basis.
6. The Voice or American Idol? (or none)
I don’t watch either, but if I had to choose, it would be The Voice. Why? Adam Levine.
7. What is the last book you read?
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
8. If you could time travel, would you go the past or future?
Can I have both? Preferably with a mad man in a blue box that’s bigger on the inside
9. What are you most looking forward to this year?
Paying down my credit card bills, and running of course 🙂 Breaking 2:00 in the half marathon.
10. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmmmm, any holiday that the family is together and my mom made her Beef Stroganoff.
And for the nominees are-
I feel like I am forgetting so very many blogs right now. I will do my best to notify you all within the next day or two!
And my questions-
1. What’s is something you’ve learned about yourself from running?
2. Name that song or artist that you can’t admit you like but sing along every time you hear?
3. What’s the best movie you’ve seen lately?
4. Name the best piece of advice you’ve received about running? Or anything?
5. Now name the worst-
6. What can you absolutely not leave the house without?
7. If you won the lottery, would you keep your job?
8. What is your dream job?
9. Guilty pleasure tv show?
10. Can you play an instrument?
Thanks again to Helly for the shout out!!!
Any races or egg hunts planned?
For the Reading and Drinking Runner
5K, 10K, Half-Marathons, Fun Runs, & Obstacle Races!
A Blog of Running Exploits
living, loving, and running are what keeps me alive
How I wander and where it brings me
A place to soak in tips and stories from life, running, and anything in between.
I like running and singing, but not at the same time...
My journey from being injured and out-of-shape to a half marathon... and seeing all 7 continents along the way.
Sharing all things running and racing
running, drinking & our life online.
Slow runners make fast runners look good - you're welcome.
writer | traveler | food❤️er | yogi | runnin' fool
Learning to love myself, one run at a time