When I last posted, I hinted that Sunday may have not gone according to plan. Without further ado, here is my simple guide to fail a long run.
Just follow these fool proof, slacker tested steps-
- Enjoy a rest day prior to the planned run. Along with this indulge in some movie watching and popcorn eating
- Consume your body weight in popcorn, or at least come close.
- End up spending most of the night reading a book. Why? Because so much popcorn made you ill and at least the book is a productive use of time when you can’t sleep.
- Oversleep due to being ill as well as finishing previously mentioned book.
- Put off run until later in the afternoon. Start run when it’s 93 outside but due to your over tired self, it feels like 105.
- Try anyways- walk a lot- only finish 6 miles.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully failed a long run. #longrunfail
After my failed attempt on Friday, I was planning to run the 10 miles on Sunday. Other than work and foam rolling, I stayed off my feet as much as possible on Saturday. Too much popcorn was an epic fail which resulted in a long night followed by sleeping in. Truthfully I kind of did not want to run at all. I finally forced myself out the door after 2:00. And I knew that if I didn’t go then, I wasn’t going at all.
I warmed up slowly but never really got into it. I met up with my mom a little after mile 3, that combined with a hill meant I walked most of that mile. It was awesome. Then it was more running, oh and some more walking. I knew 10 was so not happening, so it was another 6 miles in the book. I took a 16 oz bottle of water which is more than I usually take and I drank the whole thing. Ugh. This was just not my week for a long run. I’ll try again next week. 🙂
What about you guys?
Ever bail on a long run? How about eat too much popcorn?
Hope you all had a good Monday!!