And just like 16 days have passed. For the first time, I feel like I need more time. Mostly because I feel like I accomplished next to nothing. Unless there are awards given for the number of Hallmark movies watched. 😛
In fact, since I was still sick most of this week, let’s bullet-ize this recap for expediency. Is that a word? Bullet-ize? Oh well, I’m using it anyways.
- I slept… a lot.
- Watched all the Hallmark Christmas movies…and Lifetime ones too.
- I coughed a lot.
- Finished all 11 seasons of Bones. Ok, I did start this in the summer but still.
- Watched all second season of Fuller House.
- Still not a huge fan of food, well, sometimes I am and sometimes I’m not.
- Rode the stationary bike once for a slow 6.5 miles.
- Watched Battleship for the 100th time. It’s my stress movie. More on that below.
- Had my office Christmas party on Friday evening. Filet Mignon, yum.
- I managed a little bit of yoga to try and loosen up. Ha!
- Saw Rogue One on Thursday!!!!!!
- I had an MRI on Friday and I freaked the frak out. Like full on panic attack freak out.
- Went for one really short run on Saturday. Man that was hard! My legs were so confused.
- Finished most of my Christmas shopping on Sunday. I think. I feel like I bought nothing. 😢
So, yeah, a stellar week of vacation. This didn’t serve to improve my opinion of vacations any. Waking on Tuesday to the news that the company I work for is being sold was also not something I was expecting. My boss texted me but even knowing, seeing the headline was not something I was prepared for. The next few months will be interesting. I’m going to put a smile on my face and do my best to be positive. Fingers crossed.
2.5 miles was all I ran this week but that’s 2.5 miles more than last week. That said, I can see I’m not going to be running any double digit long runs any time soon. Which means Carlsbad in January might not be the best idea. Boo. Good thing I haven’t registered for it yet! I’m not closing the door on it yet, but I think the smart thing would be to not run it.
How was your week?
Do you have a go to stress movie or show?
Am I the only one behind for Christmas?
7 thoughts on “Week 51/ Vacation Week 2”
Will you be looking for a new job? Sheesh, right before the end of the year to get news like that…hope you feel better! You look super cute in your sunglasses if that helps 😀 ❤
I’m trying to remain optimistic right now, they’re a company from out of the area so there’s not a huge staff overlap. At least not customer facing like my position. But it’s definitely going to be an interesting month or so while we figure things out.
Thank you, 🙂
I love Bones! I watch reruns of it on my down time. 🙂 I did a clothing swap over the weekend, which was a blast and ran the San Diego Holiday Half. I froze my butt off that morning. Haha Have a great week!
I love Bones and had the idea to re-watch it over the summer but thought it would take me longer to finish! A clothing swap sounds like fun. Congrats on your PR from your race, that’s awesome! It has been so cold lately! And I still don’t feel great so I’ve turned into a big baby about the weather
LikeLiked by 1 person
Definitely understand being a baby about the weather. It has been really cold for my city and I find myself wanting to stay in bed a lot longer.
Sorry to hear about your company. Most acquisitions require some employees to stick around so hopefully that works out for you.
Hey vacation or not, you did a ton of stuff. You were more than busy. There will be plenty of time for running.
They are based down near LA so there’s no customer facing overlap so I’m trying to remain optimistic. Fingers crossed!
I’ve decided December is going to be a very low mileage month. It is what it, right?
Comments are closed.